Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Buying a new PC without Vista


I have been putting off replacing my "old" desktop computer because I didn't want to buy a new one with Vista on it. I have heard so much negative feedback about Vista, that I would like Microsoft to iron some more of the bugs out before I start using it. I have found two on-line sources for PCs without Vista. There are probably more. Dell has some small business desktops that come with a Vista downgrade to XP. You get XP installed and the ability to upgrade to Vista when you are ready. The other is AVADirect which will build you a desktop with XP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vista's bugs really have been ironed out a lot...I too was one that really didn't think I would like Vista...but, when my desktop went out and I had to get a laptop to have a Pc asap Vista was my only option....and now I love it. SP2 is due out soon for Vista and I am sure it will make it even better but for the most part Vista is pretty good and a lot more secure compared to XP (62 % more secure than XP actually and I am sure with SP 2 it will get even better)