Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How Do You Cook Your Turkey?


There are several different ways to cook a turkey. For many years, I have been using the Reynolds Oven Cooking Bags. I follow the directions on the box. I shake the flour in the bag. Then, I put a lot of cut up carrots, onions, and celery in the bottom of the bag. I place my turkey on top of the vegetables in the bag. These yields some great tasting carrots and lots of flavorful juices/broth to use in making gravy. One year, I had my oven stop working on the night before Thanksgiving. I cooked a turkey in my microwave in one of these cooking bags and turned out just fine - it was even browned some.

One other thing that I do that works well is that I cook additional stuffing in my crock pot on low. I put the stuffing in the crock pot at the same time I put the turkey in the oven. I used store bought stuffing mix and add the usual ingredients on the box plus a chopped up granny smith apple.

How do you like to cook your turkey? Leave a comment and let us know.

No comments: